Mailing List Archive

Support open source code!

Re: tlug: Netscape/Java

Eric Standlee wrote:

> Why does my netscape blow up when it encounters java and how do I fix it?
> sys RH 6.0 with Japanese enabled Netscape.

I had the same problem with a non-Japanese enablet Netscape and I
figured I did something really stupid because I could not find any
references to the problem anywhere on the net. I tracked the problem
to a shared library that somehow seemed to have the wrong version
or something (I am sorry but I do not remeber the name of the
library, only that it was somewhere in the netscape file tree).

Finally I gave up and reinstalled RH6.0 from scatch only this time
I did not install Netscape but only Communicator and all of a
sudden java worked OK. I have no idea what made it work and was pretty
fed up with it at the time (still is, actually) and have not
investigated further. As we say in Sweden: "You don't look a horse
you got for a gift in the mouth" (I hope it translates).

/Fredric
Next Nomikai: September 17 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: October 9 (Sat), 13:00     place: Temple Univ.