Mailing List Archive

Re: [tlug] gpg (was) advice to consider upgrading to RH9

> On my computer, I use gpg, so that encrypts with my public key
> and decrypts with my private key.

Is that really necessary to have two keys?  Is that safer that using

#gpg --symmetric

and

#gpg -d

to unlock it?  Especially since you keep the keys together.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.  I can (well, soon will be able to) do

#ant unlock 2003

and all my (financial) documents for 2003 (in a designated dir) will be
uncoded or

#ant lock 2003

and all the txt docs for 2003 will be encoded

I really like using ant to automate my command line tasks and would be
happy to share my "build" file.  Much much easier to understand than shell
scripts IMHO.

--
Shawn

Happily using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
http://www.opera.com/m2/

Home | Main Index | Thread Index