Mailing List Archive

Re: [tlug] Red Hat Linux end-of-life

On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 23:08, Sanjay Chigurupati wrote:
> Hi,
> Does that apply for 56k dial-up too? I mean getting updates via debian apt.
> Getting debian here is not tough, only getting gentoo is kinda tough in
> Chennai, India.
I have run debian from a 36K dial-up modem.  With no problems. This is
where the debian dependency checking really shines.  I wouldn't run
Gentoo from dialup though.  Source packages are significantly larger and
I find you do a lot more messing around with Gentoo that would not be
fun on a dialup connection.

Edward

Home | Main Index | Thread Index