Mailing List Archive

Re: [tlug] UIM [was: hajimemashite]

On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 10:04:21AM +0200, Marco Bresciani wrote:

> activated all the UIM/Anthy default options... now I activate UIM... and I
> wrote ma-ru-ko. This is the result: 人隊打. :-( Damn, same as before. Always
> the same!
>
> Where is the problem? Should I throw away Linux? I don't want to do this. :-(

I have to admit I don't really know what information resides or should
reside in the directory .uim.d (I don't have that directory), but I do
know that my uim produced weird output (kanjis but not japanese) until
I put the line

(define default-im-name 'anthy)

into the file .uim, so I would suggest creating the file with that
content. It tells uim to use anthy as its conversion engine instead of the
default (Chinese?) option.

--
Tapio Peltonen

Home | Main Index | Thread Index