Mailing List Archive

Re: [tlug] Thoughts on pdaXrom on the Zaurus 760

Alain Hoang wrote:
> Installation
> -----------
> However, I am unclear why the docs tell you to create a 50MB root
> partition if you're a SL-C760/860/etc user then mention at the bottom of
> the docs about something about wanting to use a root partition more
> than 57MB to do some extra tweaking. Which is it?

You should be able to use up to 122MB? Will check the details when I get
home.
> qpkg impressions
> ------------------
> It might have been my own dumbness but I was pretty sure I selected install into SD card then selected 7 or 8 applications to install but somehow they ended up on the root partition which ran out of space and made
> a little bit of a mess.

If I remember correctly, if you change tabs it reset the install
directory to root.  This got me a number of times.

> Quake
> -------
> Unfortunately, after finally
> getting it installed successfully onto the sd card
> partition (not enough space on root) Quake ends up
> seg faulting on me at just about the time it should
> show the main game menu.

You might be running out of memory.  Try adding a swap file.
> Fonts
> ------
> The default feed of the pdaXrom site didn't seem to have
> any packages for installing Japanese fonts

For information in Japanese on Japanese support look here
http://pdaxrom.sourceforge.ne.jp/wiki/
and add this to your package list
http://pdaxrom.sourceforge.jp/feed/
> Trying to disable suspend and failing
> I used to use my Zaurus as a portable mp3 player
> quite a bit however I've noticed that the Disable Suspend
> feature in Matchbox doesn't seem to work.

It is in there bug tracker just not very hight priority
http://www.pdaxrom.org/buglist.php?doaction=showbug&bugid=299

Edward

Home | Main Index | Thread Index