Mailing List Archive

[tlug] linux - how to determine hard drive model

I am trying to figure out which hard drive has gone where in my raid
array, and have been looking for a way to display the model
information for my devices (both /dev/hd and /dev/sd) (sata and ide).

I know this is probably a very basic question, but does anyone know
the command on how to get this info?

dmesg wasn't helping very much and fdisk doesn't seem to hold that information.

sincerely,
david

Home | Main Index | Thread Index