Mailing List Archive

Following Threads . . . . . . (was Re: [tlug] Re: Breaking Threads ... how to use them?)

Michal Hajek wrote:

> [Jim wrote]:

> I personaly use mutt, I believe there is such functionality [threads] inside
> mutt too, but perhaps I was too ignorant to learn this particular skill
> so far.

Using an email program that can show/follow threads can
make it much much easier to follow a complicated discussion
on a mailing list. Some discussions are very difficult to
follow _without_ an email program that can follow threads.

It seems that Mutt can follow threads.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutt_%28e-mail_client%29

The archive does a good job of showing threads, and gives good
examples of how you can see the structure of threads.

   http://www.tlug.jp/ML/0707/threads.html#00129
   http://www.tlug.jp/ML/0706/threads.html#00156

Gmail can not follow threads. It just sorts by subject.

> > Breaking the thread makes it hard for us with reasonable mail
> > readers to go back and see Josh's whole letter.
>
> since you mention it, I wonder what kind of "usage pa[t]tern" do you have in
> mind?

What do you mean by ""usage pa[t]tern"?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index