Mailing List Archive

Re: [tlug] [Was: iptables] Forward multicats

On 2008-06-17 22:30 +0900 (Tue), Bruno Raoult wrote:

> Sure, but my wife has a Mac, and I spent time to teach her the basics
> of that airport management...

Just out of curiousity, what does she manage? It would seem to me that
you'd just set up the system and she'd ignore it entirely. Certainly at
home, where I use a NetGear router on Mansion Fibre, I never touch the
thing during normal usage. I think I poke at it once or twice a year to
debug a network connectivity problem or whatever.

> But, as you speak about another wifi router, can you tell me the names
> of some models where I could input my own routing tables (except the
> default one, obviously)?

You don't want to input your own routing tables; you just want to run
the RIPv2 routing protocol (which almost all of them seem to have these
days) on the router and on your Linux box, and the Linux box will
automatically let the router know what routes it has available.

cjs
--

Home | Main Index | Thread Index