Mailing List Archive

Re: [tlug] Tlug Digest, Vol 41, Issue 26

> > I wonder
> > why Amarok chose Amazon and not freedb to grab that type of information. All
> > my CD rippers use freedb and almost always get it right the first time.
>
> Does freedb have the covers, though? AFAIK, that is the only thing
> Amarok uses Amazon for.

Yes, Josh, they do. My rippers get the covers so they show up while the songs
from any particular CD are playing. In my experience, freedb almost always gets
the right cover the first time. I think if they didn't have the right CD (hence cover)
they wouldn't get the right song titles.

--Ralph

Home | Main Index | Thread Index