Mailing List Archive

Re: [tlug] apparent hardware problem(s) -- but where?

BALUTA Chris wrote:
> Tluggers,
> I've got a dell dimension 2400 that I've been
> having some problems with. Specifically, the system
> will occasionally not boot, reboot automatically or
> simply hang up.

I don't think we can narrow the possibility well without hardware
status info but assuming that you did not overclock anything,
I have one suggestion.

If your PC hangs and often shuts down automatically,
that should be caused by the broken power supply unit with
big inside capacitors bulging/ruptured after many years of use.
(or in rare cases the same thing on the mainboard)

Better you stay assured by buying a new ATX power supply
(and ASUS motherboard) with Japanese good electrolytic capacitor
products.

For example:
* Abee's Silentist S-xxxEA/EB/EC (not ED),
* Scythe's Gouriki 2,
* or Owltech's Seasonic series.
seems to work great.

# Electrolytic capacitor translates to '電解コンデンサ',
# and 'made in Japan' '日本製' written in Japanese, respectively.

Ryu

Home | Main Index | Thread Index