Mailing List Archive

Re: [tlug] Laser printer for Linux

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 1:37 PM, Raedwolf Sumner <rarooam@example.com> wrote:

I have also had excellent results using a Brother (inkjet) printer and Brother printer drivers. Those models also have discount cartridges and refill cartridges. I have not used a laser printer with linux but were I to do so, I suppose I would consider either HP or Brother. I would not buy Canon or Epson.

Because you did not have experience with Canon and Epson, and prefer to go on with makers you already know, or because you had bad experiences these 2 makers?

I would personally  choose Epson, for the exact first reason (I always had Epson, and always had "excellent results" with them :-) This is not an objective reason, I know, having not tried other makers with bad results...

As nobody wrote about specific bad experience with some major makers, reading this thread makes me think that any of them is a good choice. Maybe pricing (initial + ink) could be a major criteria then.

br.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index